Custom Search

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Protect our Children



This day brings awareness and acknowledges the pain of children who suffer world wide. Victims of physical, mental and emotional abuse have rights that are violated.


I am a self advocate of no spanking. I do not spank my grand-children nor did I ever spank my own children. Now that my children have their own children they often discuss that they may spank their children. Perhaps, it is not the spanking of a pat on the behind that does bad rather it is the parent who does not know how far to take the punishment and ends up going to far.

The day was established in 1982. It is to help draw awareness to children in abusive or potentially abusive situations. When a parent spanks in anger they are very close to a moment with lots of danger.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post