Custom Search

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Peach Crisp

My grandmother would always have the best desserts on Sundays when family would come over. Some of her yummy desserts were pudding dishes others cookies but the ones I love the best were her pies, crisps and cobblers. Oh my goodness she baked love into each of these. As far as I know she would pick, freeze and can her own fruit yumminess to be made into some sort of dessert. This is not her recipe but it simply helped me recall how yummy here recipes were





1 large (29) ounce can sliced peaches - drained
2 sticks or 1 cup of butter - melted
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
2 cups milk
2 teaspoons baking powder


Preheat oven to 350°.
Pour drained can of peaches into skillet or 9x13 baking dish.
Pour melted butter over the peaches.
Mix sugar, flour, milk and baking powder together to form batter.
Pour batter over peaches and butter.
Bake for 30 to 45 minutes until top is golden brown and edges are crispy.
May take longer in a cast iron skillet.

recipe source here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post