Custom Search

Monday, November 28, 2016

Christmas Cookie : Mexican Wedding Cookies

When I was a kid I can remember finding these sweet balls of dough covered with powder sugar. The Mexican Wedding cookies that I first ate were purchased rather than made. It was not until I was married as a teenager that I first made my first batch of these favorite cookies. Now if you would like to try them I can say that they are easy to make and take ingredients that you can easily find and may all ready be in the fridge in your house. Enjoy!!!





1 cup butter, softened
1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1⁄4 cups sifted flour
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
powdered sugar (for rolling baked cookies in)


Cream together butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy; stir in vanilla.
Whisk together flour and salt; add gradually to butter mixture; stir in chopped nuts.
Chill dough if it seems too soft.
Form dough into 1 1/4" balls and place onto parchment-lined or ungreased baking sheets.
Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or just until the cookies start to turn light golden-brown; remove from oven and allow to cool slightly; while cookies are still warm (but NOT hot) remove them from baking sheets and roll, a few at a time, in powdered sugar until evenly coated; cool cookies completely on wire racks.
Cookies may (optionally) be rolled in powdered sugar a second time once cooled to room temperature.
NOTE: Forming dough into 1" balls will increase yield to 48 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post