Custom Search

Monday, October 17, 2016

Leek and Potato Soup

Leek and Potato Soup



This is one of my favorite - and easiest to do soups that I make regularly. 
Potatoes (I use roughly about 4 medium to small ones)
2 Leeks
salt and pepper

1L vegetable stock
1/2 pint milk
Chop the potatoes into smallish cubes and then chop the leeks.  Sweat them in a large pan in a knob of butter.  When slightly browned add the veg stock, season and simmer.

When the vegetables have softened blend the soup using a hand blender.  I like to leave it pretty rough so there's still some chunks of potato to enjoy.

Lastly add the milk, this thickens it a little and makes it a touch paler.  I use skimmed milk, but for a richer version use full fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post