Custom Search

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Tips To Hook Up a Washing Machine

Recently our oldest son called to ask for a bit of help. The problem was that him and his wife had bought a new washer and driver and were not sure how to hook it up. So like with everything else they called for their dad to come over and help them. This time though dad taught them how to do it rather than doing it for them. That way if the problem ever arises again then they will have the skills to do it their selves.
 
If you have not gained the skills to install a washing machine then perhaps this post will help you as well. You can find a step by step guide with pictures here
 
 

There are two main parts to hooking up a washing machine. Attaching the water supply is the first part. Washing machines are equipped with PVC hoses to link to the water inlet at the back of the washer. Special miniature valves connected to the house plumbing. The hoses are color coded with red for hot and blue for cold. It is important to make sure that the valve is turned off. Connect the hose by screwing it to the valve. All should be nice and tight before valve is turned on.




The second part is to connect the waste system. The waste system allows the water to escape from the washer and go down the sewer. The standard method of the waste system connection includes a standpipe and trap. The machine hose fits loosely into the pipe so dirty water can not re-enter the machine.



8 comments:

  1. Awesome! Thanks, I don't think I've tried hooking up a washing machine on my own, so this would be a huge help in the future. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can i come back here if i ever get a home with a washing machine? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never know how to hook these up, or my husband either We truly are not very handy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super helpful! I never would have known how to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are such great tips and would be helpful to all!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tips! We've never had to hook up any of this stuff ourselves, but I'm glad to have these tips for when we do! - Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never would have known it wasn't tooooo difficult. Now I may attempt it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This would've come in handy about 20 months ago when I hooked up ours. Thanks for the great tips will save this for future reference.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post