Custom Search

Friday, November 20, 2015

Pumpkin Nut Bar

My daughter has requested more pumpkin. So in my attempt to locate more pumpkin recipes for her I turned to one of the common resources that my grandmother would have turned to the U of I extension. She was a homemaker with lots of knowledge even in the old days.




1 cup cooked pumpkin puree, fresh or canned
1/2 cup butter or margarine (melted)
2 egg whites, slightly beaten
2 cups oats
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup shredded coconut, toasted
1/2 cup wheat germ
1 cup chopped salted peanuts, pecans, or almonds

Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, beat egg whites slightly; add pumpkin and melted butter or margarine beat until smooth.
In another bowl combine oats, brown sugar, coconut, wheat germ, and nuts.
Fold oat mixture into pumpkin mixture to form stiff dough.
Press dough into a lightly greased 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 inch jelly roll pan.
Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. While still warm, cut into 2x3 inch bars. Yield about 30 bars. Serve warm or cool completely.

shared at
plant based party

1 comment:

  1. My family will love this Pumpkin Nut Bar. I have to make this for them.
    Thank you for celebrating good food and fun with us at the Plant-Based Potluck Party! I hope your holiday season was happy one! Thank you for sharing your delectable gems and for all of your support! Wishing you a very Healthy, Happy 2016! All the best, Deborah

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post