Custom Search

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Layered guacomole Dip with shrimp and salsa

I have to admit that guacamole has not always been my favorite. I had no real reason why just did not want to try it because , well, it was green. My children have since changed my mind on that and I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised guacamole is one of my sons favorites and while not my favorite I do have to say that it is near the top. This layered guacamole dip with shrimp and salsa offers a new look at an old favorite of Mexican seven layer dip. The fresh taste and color is present but offers an alternative.



Guacamole
3 ripe avocados
1/2 c. light sour cream
2 T. fresh lime juice
1/4 c. minced onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
salt, to taste

Dip
1 lb. coarsely shopped shrimp (peeled and deveined)
2 T. olive oil
2 t. lime juice
1 c. bottled salsa
1/2 c. light sour cream
2 T. chopped fresh cilantro

Mash the avocados, sour cream, and lime juice with a fork until the mixture is chunky. Stir in onion and garlic, and season generously with salt. Set aside.
Toss shrimp in oil and lime juice. Spread the shrimp in a thick layer about 9 inches in diameter in a rimmed serving platter. Spread the guacamole on the shrimp, leaving a border exposed. Spread the salsa over the guacamole, leaving a border. Finally, spread the sour cream over the salsa, again leaving a border around the edges. Sprinkle the cilantro over the dip.
recipe source here

shared at
show and tell party
your whims Wednesday
plant based potluck

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post