Custom Search

Thursday, July 23, 2015

International Hot Dog Recipe (brazil)

I bring to you a hot dog recipe. Today, (yes I know the day is about over) is national hotdog day. I also want to say thank you to Sonic for my $1 hotdog I hope you got yours as well. I try to bring a bit of culture to teach my children about the world and make my menu more attractive and enjoyable. After it being hotdog day I have decided to add these to my menu next month. Perfect for summer time I think. What do you think? Enjoy!!
 
 
 
1 pound ground beef
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
8 hot dog links
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 cups beef broth
1 teaspoon dried thyme
juice of 1/2 lime
8 hot dog buns or French rolls
2 cups shredded Mozzarella
Additional toppings: ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, corn, peas, shoestring fries, mashed potatoes, lettuce, olives, grated carrots, bacon bits, tomato and parsley vinaigrette, Catupiry cheese and/or Parmesan
 
In a medium bowl, mix ground beef with salt, pepper, and cumin.
Make a lengthwise slice along the top of each hot dog no more than halfway through the link. Place in a large saucepan and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat. Keep in water until they have doubled in size.
In a large pan, drizzle oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper. Cook, stirring often, until they begin to soften and the onion becomes translucent. Add the garlic and cook just until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the ground beef. Once browned, mix in the tomato paste, broth, and thyme. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low. Cover partially and let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Add the lime juice and cover to keep warm until ready to assemble the hot dogs.
Place a cooked hot dog link in each bun. Top with 2-4 tablespoons of the beef mixture, then shredded cheese. Add additional toppings if desired. Serve immediately.
Adapted from From Brazil to You

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post