Custom Search

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Easy Pull Apart Sweet Buns

 

Who knew that a couple of cans of refrigerated biscuits and a bunt pan would go together to make such a delicious breakfast. Well, I must say that I had a thought that they would before I located this recipe. As a little girl my mother would make all sorts of goodies in her bunt pan and I myself have made many different kinds of monkey bread. I hope that you enjoy and remember that February 21st is a sweet day itself being national sticky bun day




1 1/2 tubes of large buttermilk biscuits
3 TB melted butter
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
powdered sugar for garnish

Preheat oven to 375.  Generously grease a nonstick bundt pan.  Whisk together the melted butter and maple syrup in a bowl.  Set aside.
In another bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and nuts until incorporated.
Pour half of the syrup mixture into bottom of greased bundt pan.  Sprinkle half of the brown sugar mixture on top.  Gently lay one biscuit at a time into the pan, overlapping them (like tilted dominoes.)  Use enough biscuits to form a ring of overlapping biscuits (I used 1 1/2 tubes.)  Top with rest of the syrup and brown sugar mixtures.
Bake on medium-lower rack for 20-22 minutes, or just until golden brown.  Cool a few minutes in pan.  Invert carefully onto serving plate, and serve immediately while still warm.
Source:  Chew Out Loud,

shared at
DIY Sunday

4 comments:

  1. That looks so good!! Pinned it to try one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delish! I will have to try these. My boys would love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks yummy! thanks for sharing your recipe....

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post