Custom Search

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Bact To School Time banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Our grand-daughter started back to school today. It was an awesome day she is in kindergarten and I just know she will love it. One thing I remember as a child is going to my grandmothers house after school and her always having a special treat for us. Occasionally we would get lucky and she had fresh baked cookies. I thought today I would make up a batch of cookies and share with my little one when she got home. I hope you enjoy as I love these tasty treats.
 
 


2 cups all-purpose flour
½ cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1  cup butter/margarine or Crisco
 2 eggs
 ¼ cup milk
 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
 1 teaspoon baking soda
 1 teaspoon baking powder
 1 teaspoon ground cloves
 ¼ teaspoon nutmeg powder
 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
 ½ teaspoon salt
 3 ripe bananas, mashed
 2 cups quick cooking oats
 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
 ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
 ½ cup chopped almonds

 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugar together until smooth.
Stir in the eggs. milk and vanilla. sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt cloves, nutmeg and cinnamon, stir into the creamed mixture. Add the mashed bananas and rolled oats alternating it then add chocolate chips, and nuts mix until well blended. Drop dough by rounded spoonfuls onto unprepared cookie sheets. Bake for 11 to 14 minutes in the preheated oven to desired consistency (I like them toward soft side and chewy side). Remove cookies from pan to cool on wire racks for 5 min

recipe source here

shared at
make bake create party
creative spark link

2 comments:

  1. Hey Annie, stopping by and thanking you for coming to my site. These cookies look so yummy and I agree with you on the fun of grandma's having a special treat for the kiddos. Looking forward to a wonderful bloggy friendship. Carrie, A Mother's Shadow

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cookies look and sound amazing!! I love banana in my cereal and oatmeal...soooo...I'm betting I'd like it in my cookies.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post