Custom Search

Monday, January 13, 2014

Hamburger Stew

 One popular dish in our house in the fall and winter is lots of soups and stews. My mother always used beef cubes it was not until I met my husbands aunt that I learned to love hamburger in my soup. She never made it the same way sometimes adding more and sometimes jus the basic. The best thing about this hamburger stew is that you can add to it if you wish or simply stay with just what is needed in it either way a delicious meal is to be had.

Hamburger Stew





1 1/2 lb. hamburger, browned, drained (add water to cover meat)
1 med. onion
6 carrots, peeled and sliced
6 med. potatoes, peeled and cut up
1 clove chopped garlic or 1 tsp.
garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp. Gravy Master or Kitchen Bouquet
1 tbsp. instant beef bouillon

Put all ingredients in pot. Add more water to cover vegetables, if needed. Cover and simmer lightly 30-45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. May be thickened to your liking


first saw the link to this great recipe on the blog Nashville Cheapster

shared at Craft - O - Maniac Monday
Marvelous Monday
Homestead Barn Hop
Bouquet of Talent


party
Mixitup

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post