Custom Search

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

BLT Salad

Today we celebrate yet another food holiday. This time it is another of my favorites bacon. Oh my love to eat it just fried up, eat it on my salads, now there are several new imaginative items made with it but on of my favorites is the classic BLT. I wanted to share this salad with you because it is the BLT salad and will feature nothing else than bacon.
 
 


1 lb bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
1 tablespoon bacon drippings
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons white vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt (Lawrys)
2 teaspoons sugar
1 head iceberg lettuce, rinsed dried and shredded
2 large Tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 small red onion, very finely sliced
2 cups seasoned croutons
 
In a blender, mix together the reserved bacon drippings, mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, sugar and basil blend dressing and set aside. Layer lettuce, tomato, onion, in a 9X13 aluminum pan. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over tomato,top with bacon. Cover and chill 2 hours. Just before serving top with,croutons
 
recipe source here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post