Custom Search

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Memories and Football Hand In Hand



Fall is one of my favorite seasons full of fun, colors, bonfires and football. I love this Kenny Chesney song because if you have ever played, cheered at or simply watched a football game you know that there is a lot of passion there. My dad played football and always hoped that one of his grandsons would grow up to play the game as well. While he did not live long enough to see it one of his grandsons my youngest son did play football and loves the sport as much as he did. Sometimes I wish my dad was here to see how his grand-boys all of them grew up and loved the sports he loved as well. He would have been very proud of how his youngest son and all of his grandsons love the sport of football. In the future perhaps there will be even more boys of fall in our family. I am sure though that my dad is looking down from the best seat in the house and has us all in great picture view. I miss you dad







I am sure that a tasty treat is also required here to feed some very hungry boys of fall. So if you have some hungry football fans try this delicious recipe



3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup vegan margarine (I used Earth Balance buttery sticks)
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup dark chocolate candy melts
What you do: 
Cream softened margarine, sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla extract. Add the flour until well combined into a stiff dough. Roll into balls and shape into footballs by tapering the ends a bit. Place onto parchment lined or non-stick cookie sheet. Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 12-15 minutes or until bottoms are deep golden. Let cool before dipping.
Melt the chocolate as directed on the package in a microwave or double boiler. Carefully dip each cookie to coat the bottoms and place onto a cool, parchment lined cookie sheet. With a butter knife, draw the "football stitches" onto the cookies. Let harden before moving (placing them into a refrigerator makes this quicker).
Source of recipe: I wanted to make cookies that wouldn't spread too much and keep it's shape. So I based this recipe on a basic Mrs. Field's shortbread cookie recipe. These came out great with the peanut butter-chocolate combo twist.
Preparation Time: 
15 minutes, Cooking time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 
15 minutes
Servings: 
recipe source here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post