Custom Search

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Make the Holiday Special with Great Recipes

When I was a kid we had many people in our lives who would help make the holidays extra special. Holidays were a sort of disney land for us with gifts and goodies to eat and great surprises. I can remember my mother making a fun bunny rabbit salad like this one that I found on the blog Sandy Toes and Popsicles
 
 
how to make a bunny salad

what you need:
pear halves
pretzels
chocolate chips or raisins
cherry
nutmeg
lettuce leaf


directions:
place a lettuce leaf on a plate. slice a pear half into wedges for the ears. place two on the lettuce leaf. then place one whole pear half on top (a large can of pears made four bunnies). carefully sprinkle nutmeg where the bunny's mouth will be. for the nose, place 1/4 of the cherry. add pretzels for the whiskers and chocolate chips or raisins for the eyes. and whala! bunny salad.

or perhaps they would share this carrot pineapple salad from Meatless Mama with us with the hint that the carrots were left from the easter bunnies visit. So they must be yummy and make room for it in our tummies.
 
 
 
 
 
 
3 carrots, shredded
1 C. finely diced fresh pineapple
3 diced medjool dates
1 T. slivered almonds
1 T. unsweetened shredded coconut
juice of 1 orange

Combine ingredients and enjoy.
 
Whatever you make up for your kids make it special I am sure they will love it. What treat to do you try to make your families for the holidays
 
 
”Making”

1 comment:

  1. The pear bunny is so freakin cute and super creative. I will be doing this. Found you from commenting on my post about glitter eggs and egg garland. Thank you. http://kikiscraftkorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post