Custom Search

Friday, February 8, 2013

Hobo Packs

One of my mothers favorite things to grill is hobo packs so easy to make and the best of memories. These foil wrapped packs of food were first introduced to us through a girl scout picnic when I was yet in grade school. This recipe I am sharing was found here

  • Ground Beef
  • Onion
  • Potatoes
  • Baby Carrots
  • Aluminum Foil
  • Dale's Sauce (optional)
Instructions
  1. Make patties out of the ground beef. Peel and slice onion. Slice potatoes into chunks. Place each patty in the center of a large sheet of foil. Top with onion, potatoes, and carrots. Add 2 T of sauce, if using. Close packet and seal well. Bake in oven at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour, or until done.
shared here and at

Photobucket

Dear Creatives

mop it up mondays
miscellany monday at lowercase letters

5 comments:

  1. I love this idea - thanks for linking up to Friday Food Frenzy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm.. I have these at least once a year camping and sometimes I even make them at home because they're so good :)

    ReplyDelete


  3. Thanks for dropping by Hugs & Kisses Eggs. "Love is in the air"

    I was a Girl Scort leader and we made "foil packet" meals too. Hadn't thought of these in a long time. We have a linky party on Mondays What'd You Do This Weekend - and would love for you to drop by with this.
    www.tumbleweedcontessa.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great reminder! I used to make these with my family when we went camping and in Girls Scouts! I think my kids need Hobo Packs this coming weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had never heard of this. Perfect for camping. Thanks for sharing & linking up with DearCreatives.com Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post